Sidecut Filguide för belagskant
Vi har 5 st för omgående leverans.
SIDECUT Base Bevel Guides are used to create a 0.5º, 0.7º, or 1.0º base-edge bevel on your skis or snowboards - the easy way. Ever use base bevel tools that simply feel like nothing is happening? Not with these.
Have your skis or boards ever felt 'catchy' or like they won't 'skid or steer' in certain snow conditions? This in most cases is due to inadequate base-edge bevel. This can be very frustrating, dangerous and impair skill development and simply make your riding experience very poor.
KEY FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Can be used with any file, traditional style rectangular shaped stones and for the first time ever - Sidecut Diamond Discs!
- Easily twist the disc to activate new diamond material.
- Utilizes a wedge to secure your sharpening tool of choice.
- Precision machined anodized aluminum body utilizing the strictest tolerances.
- Removable stainless steel feet come in 0.5º, 0.7º & 1.0º (sold individually)
- Sealed roller bearings contribute to the most balanced and the easiest base-edge bevelling tool available.
CHOOSING BETWEEN 0.5º, 0.7º, 1.0º, 1.5º BASE BEVEL GUIDES
- 0.5º - Used on all skis/boards and all slalom skis. For advanced to expert racers who pure carve the majority of their turns and like aggressive and responsive turn intiation and grip.
- 0.7º - Used when a 0.5º base bevel is a little 'too aggressive' or 'too catchy' for you. Used typically on younger skiers under 14 and most expert All-Mountain skiers and boarders. You may also use on the first 10-20 cm of skis for easier turn initiation while 0.5º is used for the remainder of the edge to the tail.
- 1.0º/1.5º - Used for SG/DH skis, for younger ski racers, free-ride and terrain park style skiers. For those who want easier steering and turn initiation and don't like that catchy feeling. As above, you may also use the 1.0º or 1.5º guide on the first 10-20 cm of skis for easier turn initiation and the remainder on 0.5º or 0.7º degrees. Also used frequently by ski teachers working with lower end clients where steering skills are crucial, freeriders, and for the park and pipe. Recreational skiers commonly prefer 1.0º to 1.5º for all around use because it allows the skis to steer easier.
As you can see all 4 are utilized from the beginner to expert and therefore your decision is based on your own personal preference, skill level, strength, ski/board type & snow conditions. Always start with 0.5º, test it, if it's too aggressive move up to 0.7º, 1.0º or a 1.5º guide. Remember you can easily add more base-edge angle but you can't go from a 1.0º bevel back to a 0.5º bevel without grinding your skis/board flat again.
Typically, all brand new skis & boards need to be prepared first before being used, even if they are new from the factory.
Note: All SIDECUT Diamond Stones, Ceramic Stones and Hard Stones have been designed to fit in our Base Bevel Guides.