SIDECUT Diamond Discs are the slickest innovation in diamond stone technology.
They make sharpening the side-edges of your skis and boards faster & more precise than ever before. We even recommend them over traditional rectangular stones because you can simply spin the disc as needed, utilising all of diamond material. For example, on a traditional rectangular stone a linear wear pattern is created, wearing out quicker and leaving much of the diamond material is unusable.
Diamond Discs were designed to fit on our SIDECUT Diamond Guides but can also work on SIDECUT File Guides when used with our Trigger Clamping System. Made of high-grade aluminum and precision machined flat so you can achieve the most accurate side-edge bevel. Beautifully anodized in attractive colours and laser-embossed corresponding to their grit, each disc comes in its own protective storage container. Best of all - the diamond material can be replaced when worn out! That's right when the self-adhesive disc wears out simply peel it off and replace it which means you save money by keeping the backing disc forever.
CHOOSING THE CORRECT DISC
- 120 & 200 grits are used for sharpening, removing burrs and for hardened edges. Great for getting your edges back to the angle your desire quickly without using a file.
- 400 grit is used for sharpening and polishing. A great disc to carry in your pocket on the mountain also.
- 600 grit is used for fine polishing.
- 1000 grit is used when you desire an extra high polish and are concerned about hundredths of a second or really care about how the edges perform on the hardest snow surfaces.
GOOD TO KNOW
- It's best to have at least two Diamond Discs - 1 x 120 or 200grit and 1 x your choice of 400, 600 or 1000 grit.
- For best results use with SIDECUT polishing oil on 400, 600 and 1000 grit discs.
- Oil improves sharpening and polishing time, the speed of the edges and greatly improves the longevity of all your Diamond Stones because it's also used to clean them.